Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Tooth!

This week, which is also the first week of January 2010, Gabriel cut his first tooth. Looking at him, it is his lower left front tooth. He doesn't seem unhappy or uncomfortable because of it which is good. He sure is biting everything he can and almost yelling while he does it. I'm scared he'll bite me!! Ack!

One week ago I had my last day at work. I am officially a stay at home mom. It's been a bit crazy transitioning to this - traveling and house demolition (Matt put in new shower plumbing) so I haven't quite settled into this role yet.

Gabriel is a good sleeper. Always has been. He goes to bed around 7 pm, and I feed him around 10 when I go to bed. Usually I only have to feed him 1-2 times in the night before he greets me good morning at 6:30 am or so (yawn!). During the day he takes about 3 naps and usually 1-2 of them are pretty long (2 hours or so).

I've been trying to feed him some purees as of late - which he hates! He shudders and gags and even vomits it back up (due to his gagging). I often wonder if I will be breastfeeding him his whole life! My new plan is to just feed him either rice or whole grain cereal until he tolerates that and THEN add more variety to his diet. We'll see how that works!

Right now he's taking a nap. When he wakes up I hope I can go out for a short walk and I hope it's not too cold! Lately it's been FREEZING here. Literally!

~Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment